II. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED, PURPOSES AND BASIS OF THE PROCESSING OF THESE DATA
- If you are a user of the legaldesign.ro website
If you access the legaldesign.ro website, the Firm receives, as an essential technical requirement, the IP address (Internet Protocol address) or the identifier of the device used to access the respective website. Without this information, you will not be able to access the site.
The basis for processing this data is our legitimate interest to ensure the proper functioning and improvement of the legaldesign.ro website.
If you fill out the contact form in order to be informed about the launch date of a product or service, we collect the following data from you: name, surname and email address. In this case, the basis for processing is your consent expressed when filling out the form. You can withdraw consent in the at any time by e – mail to the address : firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you are a client or potential client of the Firm, respectively representative or proxy of a client or potential client which is a legal entity
If you are an individual client or potential client or a representative / proxy of a legal entity that is a client or potential client, we process the relevant data for the provision of our services (surname, first name, other identification data such as the series and number of the identity document, personal identification number, address, contact data – telephone number, e-mail, information regarding your capacity in judicial or administrative proceedings, or, as the case may be, the position held within the legal entity client).
We process this data for the purpose of executing or initiating the legal assistance contract, as well as for the purpose of fulfilling our legal obligations under the rules governing the legal profession or under the anti-money laundering legislation.
In this situation, the legal ground for processing your personal data is the need to conclude or perform the legal assistance contract. Also, if data processing is required by legal regulations, the legal basis for processing personal data is the need to fulfil a legal obligation.
- If you are a candidate participating in the recruitment process for a position within the Firm or for an internship
In this case, we process the following personal data: name, surname, contact data (e-mail, telephone number), data on your level of training, training and professional experience and any other information included in your CV and, as appropriate, in the letter of intent, for the purpose of analysing your candidacy.
During the recruitment process, we may also obtain information available from public sources, consisting of information regarding previous professional experience, your publishing activity, collaboration with other employers or collaborators, information regarding involvement in certain projects or professional activities. Such personal data can be obtained from the following sources: websites specialized in recruitment services, social networks (e.g. LinkedIn), bar websites, online publications.
The legal basis for the processing of this personal data is our legitimate interest to carry out the necessary activities to fill the available positions and to document the conduct of the recruitment process.
If you are selected for a position within the Firm, personal data will be processed pursuant to the contract concluded between us.
- If you register or participate in an event organized by us
In this situation, we process certain personal data (name, surname, contact data – phone number, e-mail, position held, photo/video image) for the purpose of organizing and conducting the event. The legal basis for processing your personal data in this case is our legitimate interest in organizing and ensuring the smooth running of the event.
- If you are a collaborator, service provider, or a representative/proxy of a collaborator or service provider
In this case, we will process your personal data (name, surname, other identification data, such as the personal identification number, series and number of the identity document, tax domicile, mailing address, as the case may be, training and professional experience) for the purpose performance of the contract concluded with you or the entity you represent. We will also process your personal data when certain steps are necessary before concluding such a contract.
The basis for the processing of your personal data is the need to execute the contract concluded with you, this basis also covering the steps taken prior to the conclusion of this contract.
Also, data processing may be determined by certain legal obligations incumbent upon us, such as the regulations specific to the lawyer profession, the obligation to report to the tax authorities, financial accounting obligations, etc. In this case, the legal basis for processing your personal data is the need to fulfil a legal obligation. In all the aforementioned cases, we can process your personal data for the purpose of exercising our rights, including before the authorities or courts. In this case, we rely on our legitimate interest to exercise and defend our rights recognized by law.
III. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
In justified cases, we may disclose your personal data to third parties, such as:
- the Firm’s service providers (for example, IT or cloud service providers, translators, notaries, insurers, accountants);
- subcontractors used for certain services, when this right is contractually granted to us (lawyers, tax consultants, technical experts, etc.);
- courts of law or arbitration, public authorities;
- third parties expressly indicated by you.
As a rule, we will not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area. In exceptional situations and only if necessary, the transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area will only be done with your appropriate information and with the application of appropriate protection measures according to the legal provisions in the field of personal data protection.
IV. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING DURATION
We will keep the personal data collected for the entire duration of the legal assistance contract concluded with you, as well as after the termination of the contract, in accordance with our internal procedures and the legal obligations applicable to us.
If personal data are not processed in the context of a legal assistance contract, they will be kept for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose of the processing.
If personal data is processed on the basis of your consent, the processing will continue until the purpose of the processing ceases or until the consent is withdrawn, unless there are justified reasons that require further processing by us (including a legal obligation) and which prevail over your rights or if they are necessary for us to establish, exercise or defend a right in court.
V. YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA DATA SUBJECT
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- the right to obtain access to your personal data held by us;
- the right to request the rectification of inaccurate data;
- the right to request the erasure of collected personal data, if these data are no longer necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected and there is no other legal basis for processing, if the data were collected illegally or if the erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation;
- the right to restrict processing, applicable in the following situations: (i) if you dispute the accuracy of the personal data, (ii) if the processing is illegal and you object to the deletion of the data (iii) if we no longer need your personal data, but you request it for establishing, exercising or defending a right, (iv) if you have objected to data processing, for the time interval in which it is verified whether our legitimate interests in the processing of personal data prevail over your rights;
- the right to object to the processing, in the cases and conditions provided by law;
- the right to data portability, i.e. to receive the personal data you have provided to us for the purposes indicated in this Policy, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, as well as the right to send this data to another data controller;
- if the processing is based on your explicit consent or consent, you also have the right to withdraw it at any time, which will not affect the lawfulness of the consent-based processing carried out before its withdrawal.
For any request regarding the processing of your personal data, we invite you to contact us at the e-mail address email@example.com or at the address in Bucharest, 6 Constantin Disescu str., ap. 6, sect. 1. You also have the right to file a complaint with the National Supervisory Authority for the Processing of Personal Data.
VI. SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We use appropriate security measures to protect your personal information and protect against access by unauthorized persons. Information is stored on secure computers or servers. Our contractors are required to comply with a specific contractual clause for any processing of your data on our behalf.
The current version of this Policy dates from May 2023. The Policy may be updated periodically. Any updates will be published on the legaldesign.ro website.